EAN is a network of apprentices at European level, established in 2017 to make sure that the voice of young apprentices is heard in discussions related to VET, in particular for apprenticeships.
The network is currently organised in three pillars, representing apprentices and VET students at different levels:
- National organisations
- European organisations
- Individuals who wish to engage in creating national representation structures where they don’t exist
The current network was selected in 2019 and will be renewed in 2022. The diversity of profiles among members of the network allows to have in-depth debate and create comprehensive overview of voice of apprentices. EAN is formed by current apprentices and former apprentices, representatives of student structures and representatives of youth labour unions.
Currently, our members include:
- Association Nationale des Apprentis de France – ANAF(France)
- dgb Jugend (DE)
- dbb jugend (DE)
- National Society of Apprentices – NSOA (UK)
- NUS-USI (Ireland)
Ammattiin Opiskelevat – SAKKI (FI)
- Suomen Opiskelija-Allianssi – OSKU (FI)
- Erhvervsskolernes ElevOrganisation – EEO (DK)
- Organising Bureau of European School Students Unions – OBESSU (BE)
- European Trade Unions Confederation – Youth Committee = ETUC
- European Confederation of Independent Trade Unions – CESI Youth
EAN was created in cooperation of the European Youth Forum, OBESSU, and with the support of DG Employment of the European Commission.